Chocolate Marshmallow Frosting

I needed a yummy treat to take to an event I was going to so I whipped up some chocolate cupcakes (chocolate, because who doesn't love anything chocolate). I was feeling a little adventurous so instead of using the normal store bought container of frosting, I thumbed through a recipe book to find the perfect frosting. Not only did it taste really yummy but I love the smooth, shiny look of it.
Chocolate Marshmallow Frosting

2 cups confectioners' sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 cup marshmallow creme
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
1/4 cup whole milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

1. Sift the sugar and cocoa powder together into a large mixing bowl. Set the bowl aside.

2. Place the marshmallow creme, butter, and milk in a medium-size heavy saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir until the butter and marshmallow creme have melted, 2-3 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat. Pour the sugar-cocoa mixture over the marshmallow mixture. Add the vanilla and stir until the frosting is smooth and satiny.

3. Use to frost the cake or cupcakes of your choice.

* A little goes a long way when frosting the cupcakes. The frosting spreads out, that's why it hangs over the edges of the cupcakes. I really liked the effect it gave.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate each and every one!